FPT Cooling Systems are based on proven technology over many generations of
heat transfer for the process industry.
- Oil, Gas, Geothermal Drilling – Cooling Drilling Fluids
- Oil and Gas refineries – Gas Cooling/Condensing
- Petro-Chemical – Steam Condensing
- Power Generation – Fluid Cooling
- Steel – Waste Water Cooling
- Oil and Gas Fracking – Cooling Flowback Water
All FPT packages are workshop assembled. Tube bundle is removable for proper
maintenance and cleaning to meet regulatory guidelines and tested prior to shipment
to customer location.
Packages shipped with relevant Certification/Documentation, including Operating
Instructions. Heat Exchanger Package hot dipped in a galvanized finish for corrosion
protection. 21’2”L x 8’W x 7.8’H (As pictured above within shipping frame)
Approximate Wt. 18,000 lb.
Package instrumentation includes temperature control, flow through the unit, pressure
indication to monitor and control unit.
Supervised installation by trained FPT service technician(s) on site. Full training
provided to customers personnel during installation and commissioning of the system.
Full technical support by Certified Engineers.
How It Works
Re-circulated water is continuously sprayed onto the surface of heat transfer tube bundles.
Air mingles with the cascading water in a co-directional flow. i.e. water and
flowing air travel downward, maximizing wet surface area to provide optimum heat transfer.
- Crew Safety
- Well Control
- Helps Maintain Mud Temperature below the rated limits of BOP elastomers
- Reduction of Mud Temperature in return lines especially important in Oil based systems to be maintained below flash point.
- Reduction of Mud Temperature reduces the risk of fire, blowouts, and helps provide safer drilling operation/environment.
Mud Cooler Benefits
BENEFITS TO SURFACE EQUIPMENT
- Cooler fluids allow for safer working conditions for crew, especially with oil based mud systems for sampling fluid, lower temperature in pit room, less evaporation.
- Improvements to life of Mud Pump expendables, Centrifugal Pumps, Swivels, etc., especially Rubber/Polyurethane Components.
- Less equipment/rig downtime.
BENEFITS TO WELL, DRILLING FLUIDS, DOWNHOLE EQUIPMENT
- Reduction of temperature while circulating and drilling helps to maintain rheological properties of the mud and a reduction in the used of additives.
- Increased wellbore stability, reduction of corrosion of the drill pipe and downhole tools, therefore a reduction of metal debris in the fluid.
- Less impact on the performance of downhole motors, MWD/LWD tools, electronic instrumentation, especially important when drilling near the reservoir in HPHT wells.
- Increased ROP
- Increased Bit Life
- Increased transportation of drilling cuttings back to the surface.
- Three fans circulate cool air across 3,666 ft. of tubing
- Each fan circulates 11,800 cubic ft./min. across the wet tube bundle
TOTALLY ENCLOSED WATER RESERVOIR
- Totally enclosed to prevent slip hazards on deck
- Water reservoir has internal baffles that prevent sloshing
- Reduces cooling water loss
- Modeling to suit specific application
- Temperature reduction average 15-30 degrees F.
BUILT-IN COOLING WATER SUMP PUMP
- Pumps 390 GPM though 54 nozzles over tubing bundle
- Provides maximum cooling efficiency
- Can be supplied on specific cooling operations
BELT DRIVEN TRANSFER PUMP
- Pump RPM can be made to vary with changing pressure requirements
- Mounted on a heavy duty galvanized pump skid
- Furnished complete with explosion proof motor and 100 ft. of cable
MUD COOLER INSTALLATION SUPPLIES
- Each mud cooler comes standard with 200 ft. of 4” galvanized pipe, fitting and adapters
- Galvanized pipe prevents premature leaks and possible safety hazards
- Installations are typically made in one to two days with proper planning.